Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Anti-rasuah?

I hate corrupt cops!!!!!!!


Really?

This is a true account. I was driving home from outstation today. My sister was driving her car and she was directly behind me all the way until this incident took place.

Somewhere along the highway, there was a police road block. I slowed down and the cop signaled for me to go. I drove off, expecting my sister to be told the same thing. But no!!!!! The cop told her to pull her car over to the road side.

Now here is what happened - the cop told her that she was speeding in a 80 km/h stretch along the highway. Now there was no such stretch along the part of the highway that we traveled on. I am sure of it as i kept an eye out for the speed limit all the time. My brother who was in my sister's car also did not notice such a stretch. My sister was sure there was no such stretch too.

But the cop insisted that she was speeding along the 80 km/h stretch. My sister pointed out that i was ahead of her all the time but yet they did not pull me over. He ignored that.

Seeing that there was no way and no point to argue, my sister told him to just issue her the summons. He refused and told her to drive off!!!!!

This is purely my personal take on the incident - my sister was not speeding and the cop was trying to get her to bribe him. Think about it:-

  • My brother, my sister and i did not notice such a 80 km/h stretch along that part of the highway. I have also driven pass that stretch many times and never noticed it;
  • If there was indeed such a stretch, and if my sister was speeding, then it would mean that i was too. So why wasn't i pulled over and my offense pointed out? I think it could be because I was driving a car with the license plate of that particular state we were driving in while my sister's car's license plate was from another state. So perhaps, the cop thought he could fool her as she was from out of the state but could not fool me?
  • If my sister indeed was speeding, then why didn't he issue her a summons when she did not want to argue with him anymore? Was he scared that we would contest the matter in court and he would have to show proof of such a stretch and that my sister was speeding?

My sister was not speeding. My personal view is that the cop was looking for a bribe, thinking that since she was from another state, she would have wanted an easy way out. Well, my sister had principles - but i dun think that the cop did.

This angered me so much - with the high number of crimes reported in our country, policemen appear to me to be setting up road blocks along the highway to try to get bribes instead of doing real police work.

Malaysia boleh!

No comments: