Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bang bang!

I was across the main road when i heard the gunshots. I thought it was a car back-firing. Ironic cuz the last time in London, we thought it was gunshots when it was actually a car-backfiring.

Yes, our trigger happy plain clothes rude and overweight cops were engaging in a shoot-out on a busy road at lunch time in Subang Jaya!!!

Me student and i quickly went up the pedestrian bridge to get a better view - we could not have been better placed. As i took out me camera phone to snap a photo, one of them fat cop spotted me and started shouting rudely (are any of our local coppers able to talk without sounding rude???) at me, gesturing at me to get off the bridge. Stubborn old me refused to budge but just stared back at him. He raised his voice even louder. I gestured back, indicating that i had every right to be there - and he had no right in law to push me around. His fat face turned mad - and me student had to drag me away. As i moved a way, i gave him the typical "apa-la" hand gesture... Yeah, i hate local cops.

What was disturbing was actually wat took place before that rude encounter. Let me retrace me steps.

I was across the road, wanting to withdraw money from the ATM. I heard the shots - easily 5 or 6 shots. It's funny how it sounded nothing like the cool gun-shot sounds you hear in movies like Wanted. It was like some cheap fire cracker going off. I canceled the transaction and went to have a look. I then went back to the machine, withdrew me money and then went onto the pedestrian bridge. Ran up and looked down.

A black car with the driver's seat door was opened and someone lay down flat just outside it. One stood over the body with a shotgun pointing at it while the other cops were redirecting traffic - and being rude. Then suddenly, i jumped cuz another cop who was standing near the body discharged another shot!!!!!

Let me say this was a good 3 to 5 minutes since the first volley of those 5 (or 6) shots were heard. The man was down on the ground. Another cop had a shotgun pointed at him. And this guy was over the body and just fired another shot!!!!

I must say that at that point of time, we did not see where his gun was aiming when the shot was fired. I started asking out loud, "Did he just shot the guy again???" Another Indian man nearby commented in BM something to the effect like how can the cops do such a thing?

My only guess is that the body must have stirred a bit and the rude copper just emptied another shell into him to make sure he was dead. Or was he just negligent and accidentally fired his gun?

It was no surprise that he was pretty mad at us standing on the bridge looking down at him.

Malaysian cops.

Malaysia boleh!

No comments: